Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Gardening

This year for some reason, I am very excited about yardwork! (???) I have many existing plants, mostly greenery and shrubs, and usually I plant some annuals for color.

This year, I decided I want to try to grow some cut flowers, and do some decorative containers. I had an idea what I wanted in the containers, coleus, but not sure what to put with them for another color. A friend at work suggested sweet potato vine. I love the 'neon' green color, and it works well in the combination. I'm afraid it might overtake the coleus, but for now they are living happily in pots on each side of the screened porch door.




For the cut flowers, I really want to grow peonies. I bought some roots and planted them, but they won't flower until next year at the earliest. I will have to learn patience in this gardening adventure!!!

For cut flower blooms this year (crossing my fingers!), I planted Dahlias and Tiny Tot Gladiolus mix. So far so good, I see greenery coming up!




My existing plants all look great, I don't really have to do much with them, weed, water and Miracle Gro!!





No comments:

Post a Comment