Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Week In The Life Monday

Woke up at 4:50 am. Had breakfast (yogurt) and left for work about 5:35 am. The commute takes about 30-35 min this time of morning.
When I get to work, the first task is to check emails. After that, I usually start a project, or set up for a sale event. This week, the project is a floor move in the ladies dept. (For non-retail people, this means re-arranging the fixture and wall signing etc). The first step involved moderate denim. I have a feeling this move will comsume the whole week, and will appear many times in this Week In The Life project!!
At 10 am the store opens, so most of the heavy moving is complete by then, we just work on moving and merchandising the product.
After lunch, a little more moving, then in the afternoon, we have a Web-based conference call. This happens every Monday. Discussion of business, customer service, and upcoming events. Taking lots of notes.

Left work a little after 5 pm, Monday is usually a long day, and traffic is usually rough this time of day. On top of that, it is lightly raining, which we REALLY need, as it has been so HOT here!
When I got home, I found a nice surprise in the mailbox, the Comprehensive Catalog from Fire Mountain Gems and Beads. Awesome to look at while I relax this evening.
For dinner, I sliced up a cucumber I bought at the Farmer's Market in town over the weekend.

Finished the evening watching the Bachelorette (and the President's Speech), then to bed about 9pm.

Want to find out more about Week In The Life? Visit Ali Edwards to find out more.


2 comments:

  1. Great photos to capture your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I'm not the only early morning riser out there -- I'll get up at 4:30 during the school year just to get some time to myself! I love these photos, by the way.

    ReplyDelete